Tuesday, November 6, 2012

AIC

Apparently between the years of 1990 and 2006, there was some really great music and performers.

Of course, Kong nor I would know.  We were busy serving in the USN overseas, fighting in the Persian Gulf, and working ourselves through college, pursuing our electrical engineering degrees.  A man child was born somewhere in the midst of all that.  FM radio has held no real appeal to us for a very long time.

I say all this to point out that I now love Alice In Chains.  I discovered AIC in September while thumbing through youtube and drooling over Chris Cornell  listening to Sound Garden.

Kong is not happy about my interest in AIC and finds them very depressing.  Check out their MTV Unplugged appearance.



I don't understand my obsession because AIC IS depressing.  The lead singer, Layne Staley, became helplessly addicted to heroine and died from an overdose in 2002.  Horrible.  


Anyho, this is a excellent concert if you can ignore the swearing and the complete hedonism.  I love acoustic guitar.  I can't help it.  Hear the whine?  Pass the cheese please.


1 comment:

  1. I feel very cool indeed to be friends with Layne Staley's first cousin. She was a Seattelite living in Japan when we were there, and Layne was still alive. She told me he was her cousin, and I didn't really know who that was and wished she was related to Leonardo Dicaprio instead.

    ReplyDelete